Saturday, May 18, 2013

26.2

To some of you...
26.2 might be just another number,
But for me,
It was the number that took me from being a girl to a woman;)
I RAN A MARATHON TODAY!:D
It was the greatest and hardenst thing I have ever done!:)
While I worked hard for this goal,
There are a few people I would like to recognize,
I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this goal without them!:)
I dedicated each mile to a special person in my life,
Who has encourgaed, helped, and cheered me on these past couple of months in preparation.
Thank you to the 26 people who inspired me,
I love you guys!:)

Mile 1* Ellie
Mile 2* Blake
Mile 3* Alex
Mile 4* Dad
Mile 5* Mom
Mile 6* Royce
Mile 7* Madie
Mile 8* Kyra Gamble
Mile 9* Nana
Mile 10* Grandma and Grandpa McGarry
Mile 11* Elder Cannon
Mile 12* Papa and Momma Cannon
Mile 13* Joe and Emily Hoehne
Mile 14* Alice Cannon
Mile 15* Sarah Cannon
Mile 16* Abby Cannon
Mile 17* Hannah Cannon
Mile 18* Brooke Cannon
Mile 19* Grandma Bonnie
Mile 20* Papa
Mile 21* Coach Morton
Mile 22* Tanece Thompson {Sister Thompson}
Mile 23* Lacey Hokanson
Mile 24* Marcus Matson
Mile 25* Kallie Matson
Mile 26* Holly Fox

Although I don't remember much from the marathon,
{I must say, running 26.2 miles does something to your body and mind, haha}
I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling of crossing that finish line:)
All the hard work had finally paid off!:)
Seeing my family at the end during the last stretch,
Crossing the finish line with Hol,
And being awarded my medal by Momma Cannon,
Are memories I'll never forget!:)

I ran the whole marathon today with my best friend Holly,
Thanks friend for pushing me through all the blood, sweat, and tears!
I couldn't of done it without ya!:)
Now come on!
Let's go sign up for another race!;)

One more shout out!:)
To the Elder in Philadelphia,
Thank you for your support and encouragement,
I couldn't of done it without you!:)
{background story}
The night before Sam left on his mission,
We decided to make a poster,
And fill it with goals that we wanted to accomplish while we were apart for 2 years.
One of the goals I put on the poster was,
"RUN A MARATHON!"
This morning as I was leaving my house,
I opened my drawer by my desk looking for some chap stick,
And found some of my,
I LOVE MY MISSIONARY stickers:)
So I stuck one on my heart,
And ran out the door to run my marathon:)
Thanks Sammie for setting goals with me so many months ago:)
Even being so far away,
You continue to push me and help me accomplish goals:)

Thanks to everyone who came and supported me today!:)
Your cheers and smiles pulled me along the way when I thought my feet might not be able to.
My Mom and Sister ran the half today, they did AMAZING!:)
Tommy Vaughn 2013 Marathon

Stay Classy Sammie Eleven Followers;)
I'll see ya in a couple of days when I can move again;)

- Chels:)





1 comment:

  1. a MARATHON? you're my hero.

    seriously. That is absolutely amazing. CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete