Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Thursday Thought.

A young man can do nothing more important. School can wait. Scholarships can be deferred. Occupational goals can be postponed. Yes, even temple marriage should wait until after a young man has served an honorable full-time mission for the Lord.
Now, why do I mention this to you young women this evening? Because you can have a positive influence in motivating young men to serve full-time missions. Let the young men of your acquaintance know that you expect them to assume their missionary responsibilities, that you personally want them to serve in the mission field, because you know that’s where the Lord wants them.
~Ezra Taft Benson, Oct. 1986

 "My life is like my shoes,
To be worn out by service" 
- President Spencer W. Kimball

Stay Classy;)

Chels:D 

2 comments:

  1. As the Mom of the Missionary you are waiting for, THANK YOU, CHELS, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! You are the best Missionary Girlfriend EVER. Thanks for following the Prophet, and for following the great example of your Mom! Love you, Momma Cannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma Cannon, I just love you!:)
      I hope to see all of you Cannons soon, I miss you all so much!!!

      Thanks for everyting!:) I know I wouldn't be half the person I am today if it wasn't for your example!:)
      LOVE YOU!!!

      Delete