Tuesday, January 14, 2014

That One Time We Got Engaged

Growing up,
I've always thought about how the future Mr. would get down on one knee and pop the question;)
And I'm just here to tell ya,
Sam did a pretty fantastic job of keeping it a secret and making it a wonderful surprise!:)

So a little background story for you Ladies and Gents!:)
Sam and I had previously gone ring shopping,
And we found a couple of fancy things around town!
{if ya know what i'm sayin';)}
Later in the week I had asked Sam,
"Have you been back at all to get a ring by chance?!?:):):)"
{batting my eyes like any girl would do}
Well folks,
That was the last time I asked that question,
Because Sam was a little upset.
{little did i know it was just a little acting he was brushing up on, haha}
He said that things were crazy,
And that he hadn't been able to go back to the ring store.
So I thought to myself,
When it happens,
It will happen:)
Oh my gosh...
I hope it happens!!!!!

Alright,
So let's fast forward!
On November 16th, 2013,
{the day before my birthday!!!}
Sam asked me to attend a baptism with him,
And then just hang out with him the rest of the day at his house!
Of course my answer was YES!:)
So Sam and I attended the baptism,
It was awesome,
And we sure are proud of Ernie!!:)

After the baptism,
We got back in Sam's car,
And he said that he had a couple of surprises for me that needed to be given before my birthday the next day!
He said that the surprises would spell out my name,
And they would come throughout the afternoon and evening:)
So...
He gave me my first surprise!:)
It was a little envelope with the letter "C" on it!
Inside it said,
"Cheese Roll-Up"
Now folks,
If you don't know Sam and I,
We LOVE Taco Bell!:)
Seriously,
I think it's a sickness how much we love that place!
So,
The first surprise was taking me to Taco Bell for one of my favorite items on the menu,
A cheese roll-up!:)

After Taco Bell,
Sam gave me another surprise!:)
It was a little present and an envelope that had an "H" on it.
The "H" stood for hands,
And I was given a pair of cute purple gloves!:)

We got back to his house,
And he decided to play some wii!
A few minutes into the game,
Sam dashed off,
And came back with another surprise!:)
It was a box with a little "E" attached to it!:)
Ok folks,
Pause.
This wasn't any kind of box,
It looked like a ring box,
So I was slightly freaking out!!!
I opened it,
And there were a pair of earrings:)
They were my birthstone,
And they were so so cute!:)
I can't believe I thought it was a ring...
Come on ring doesn't start with and "E" Chelsie!!
Earrings start with "E" duh!!

BYU was supposed to be playing that night,
So before the game,
Sam said he had another surprise for me!:)
So we got in his car,
He blindfolded me,
And I tried to use all the skills I possessed to follow where he was taking me, haha!!
We drove and drove,
And I quickly lost track of where we were, haha!
But Sam parked,
And we started walking,
On what seemed like a super rocky desert,
I was absolutely clueless where we were!
Then Sam stopped me,
Unblindfolded me,
And said,
"Do you know where we are?:)"
Sam had driven me to where we had our first kiss!:)
And then he gave me another surprise,
Which was a present that had a little "L" attached:)
The "L" stood for lips!:)
And Sam gave me some lipgloss and lotion!:)

When we got back to his house,
We started watching the BYU game!
About halfway into the game,
Sam dashed off and returned with another surprise!:)
It was another present with the letter "S" attached!!
I opened it,
And it was a pair of purple fuzzy socks!:)
My favorite!!!
{seriously, i'm in love with purple fuzzy socks}

Then after the BYU game,
I was pretty much burnt out,
A.k.a I was tired and thinking about calling it a night!
I really didn't think Sam was going to propose,
Because it was just three or so days ago that I had asked him if he had gone back for a ring,
And remember how I said he was kind of upset??
So I wasn't going to ask him again, haha,
Plus Sam usually calls me Chels anyways,
So I was thinking the presents were possibly done!
So I mentioned to Sam that I was kind of tired,
And he said,
"I know what will fix that!"
"Ice Cream!!!:)"
So we went upstairs and had some ice cream!:)
Which was another surprise,
And stood for the "I" in my name!
The presents weren't over yet folks!;)
While we were eating ice cream,
I asked Sam if he was spelling out my full name,
Chelsie Hawker.
And you know what he told me??
He told me yes!!
So instantly I had it all figured out!
{or so i thought!}
My last name ended with "R"
Which clearly stood for RING,
So I just had to wait patiently to get to the end of my name;)

It was close to midnight,
{and when i say close, it was 11:30 haha}
So Sam told me he would take me home!
We got in his car,
And he said,
"Let's take the long way home!:)"
Folks,
Sam and I only live about ten minutes from each other,
So I wondered how we would take a thirty minute ride home??
I was excited for the adventure anywho!:)
We pulled up to my house,
And I thought to myself,
Hmmmmm,
"Sam hasn't finished spelling my name!"
"He hasn't even finished my first name!"
"He must be finishing tomorrow, on my birthday, YAY!:)"
So Sam and I got up to my doorstep,
And he told me to stay put and close my eyes!
Once again Sam went off running,
And he quickly returned!
He told me to open my eyes,
And I was so surprised to see him holding a bundle of roses and a little purple bag!:)
He gave me the roses,
And then reached into the little purple bag and pulled out the last letter of my name,
Which was "E":)
Sam said that this was the last surprise,
And that the "E" stood for ETERNITY!:)
Then he got down on one knee,
Said some mushy gushy stuff
And he popped the question!:)
Without hesitation,
I said,
"YES!!:)"

He waited until exactly midnight,
So it would be my birthday when he proposed!:)
I was completely surprised!!!
I really thought I had it all figured out,
But like always,
Sam is always full of surprises!;)

We walked inside my house,
And of course my parents were waiting up for me!;)
We skyped all our siblings,
And had a mini celebration at my home!:)
It was absolutely the greatest night of my life!!
I still couldn't believe Sam Cannon had just proposed to me!:)

Here are some pics to enjoy from that night!:)
 Um, YES we were totally wearing matching shirts!:)
 Showing off the bling!;)
 Sam did SO good!:) I adore my ring!:)
 All of the surprises!:)
 This was taken the next day at my birthday party when we got to announce to the world that we were getting married!!:)
Save the date...December 27, 2013*

Stay Classy;)

Chelsie Ann Cannon:)

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this. It took me back to the day of my engagement. You will remember it forever! Sounds like he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete