Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Big Apple! :D

Oh my goodness..




GUESS WHAT TODAY IS!




It's the day I post about..




NEW YORK CITY!:D




AH!!!!!




Guys, gals, and peeps..




This trip was,




Um, AMAZING!




And the best part was..




MY MOM CAME!:)




It was a special trip, with lots of memories made:)




Us ladies saw the city in 5 day!




You could say our feet had had it!




My momma was a trooper tho,




Because she was fresh from the trek!




Here's how it went down..




A nice man named GARTH came and picked me up.




He took me to my mom who was trekin away in CHESTERFIELD.




I ran to my mom's embracing arms and then we were off in the mini van to..




SALT LAKE CITY!:D




To catch our plane for..




NEW YORK CITY!:D




We got to our hotel,




My mom crashed and I watched tv haha!




We woke up and hurried ourselfs to the airport!




We were so close to NEW YORK it was sick!




So blah blah we went through security..and I made it through without one of their machines going off!




HAHA!:D




Then we were on the plane..




In the back with the toilets..




Awesome..




And then guess what happened
The plane took off for NEW YORK CITY!:D




Three and a half hours later..




We should of landed..




Except, IT WAS RAINING HARD CORE!




It was stormy and there was lightning sooooo




To Conneticut we went and landed!




And sat in the plane for 2 hours.




Yes you heard me.




2 hours.




By the toilets.




I was kinda, just kinda upset.




HAHA:D




Then we were able to take off again!




And a half hour later we landed in NEW YORK!:D




I couldn't believe I was there..




8 hours later!




HAHA:D




I still can't believe I got the chance to go!




So anyways,




We got our bags and met up with our tour guide!




He was awesome and a TRUE NEW YORKER!




Then we got on the bus and met Bob, our bus driver!




Bob never said much,




He got our group lost alot.




I think he was from New Jersey or something, HA!




Speakin of New Jersey..




I actually didn't stay in NEW YORK




I stayed in New Jersey!




Every morning we would just drive to the city!




Then drive back at night to our wonderful Holiday Inn!:)




Back to Bob.




I found out he liked MOUNTAIN DEW!




So one day I tried to buy him a MOUNTAIN DEW,




And the goods store was out!




So I bought him a DIET PEPSI!




Close enough I figured, HAHA!
So anyways,




We got to our hotel,




And CRASHED!




But woke up and had a wonderful time in NEW YORK!:)




NEW YORK is everything you see in movies!




But it's differant then what you expect..if that makes sense! HA!




I posted a lot of pictures so you could see what my mom and I saw!




The pictures go day by day so you will be able to follow along..




As if you were in New York with my momma and I!




YAY!:D




If you guys ever get a chance to go to NEW YORK..




GO!




Seriously, it's the best!




The shopping..out of this world!




The food..out of this universe!




The people..haha well if you have ever been on peopleofwalmart.com..




It's a lot like that, HAHA!




Hope you enjoy the pics!:)









Me in front of Ellis Island!










Me in front of Lady Liberty!



My Momma and I:)..Oh and that's Lady Liberty with us!




The school group, so fun!





Lady Liberty:D





Manhatten!





This was at Ellis Island, the inside is a museum now..coolest museum EVER, seriously!





Momma with the immigrants..she said if you stood by them..you looked like you were apart of them..so I guess my mom is an immigrant, woo!





I'm in New York:)






So get this..Will Smith was in New York filming Men In Black 3! Yeah..that's Will Smith right there..be jealous! This is in Battery Park!











Broadway..It's calling me!





This is a monument right outside of Battery Park. It's part of the World Trade Center. A couple days after 9/11 the firemen found this and it wasn't completly destroyed. I mean it has a couple of dents and holes but I found it fasinating that they would put this in the streets of New York. They have a torch that burns by it. This monument represents the people of New York, they stand together and nothing can destroy them. The memory burns inside them always, just like the torch. It's a significant piece of ground.








Lisa and I infront of the famous bull!







Sweet signs everywhere!!!!!







Trinity Chruch!






Another shot of Trinity Church!







Coke..:)






Wall St Baby!!








The American Stock Exchange..how excellent!






Eleven Tears Monument







The Eleven Tears Monument. On 9/11 there were eleven members of the American Stock Exchange that were working up on one of the top floors of one of the Towers and they were all killed. They had this monument built for them. From the ceiling would drop what would represent tear drops. Each person had something short written about them. My favorite was the one that said, "Devoted Pet Owner" Lol, this was a beautiful monument.








Palm trees in New York?!?







Ground Zero






Walkin the streets of New York!







A Unicorn..I took this special for my friend Tanece:) Haha!:)







Time Square in the daylight!







Time Square at night!







A Castle in Central Park!







Legit!!!!! This was in one of the many museums we went to! There are museums on every street in New York, I would like to visit each one! I'm just a museum gal!







My new FAVORITE store! Anthro!!!!!!!!!!







The NBC studio! We were able to take a tour and see where they do some of the talk shows, Dr. Oz and such..the place is so cool and so big!







This is me at a museum up on the roof garden! So pretty and AMAZING view! I would LOVE to be proposed to up here:)







The Knights!







These guys were singing right outside of a museum..and they rocked, seriously! In New York people have to go through an audition, like American Idol, if they are good enough they then can buy a piece of land and perfrom their hearts out! This is their first break in the music business!







Rockafeller Center!







St. Patrick Cathedral! Funny story, this was on Sunday and they let people go in anytime to look around..even on Sundays! There were tourists walking around while they were having their service! I walked clear up to the preacher..then everyone got on their knees to pray..I thought they were worshiping me..but they were praying, haha I totally got out of there after that!







The clock for the Trump Tower!







The Trump Tower..ok this building was HUGE!







My pet!:D







Yankee Stadium..this one is for you Sammy:)







Grand Central Station..just like Madagascar!







It was crazy busy! My tour guide said everyday you will see someone running to catch their train and everyday you will see someone miss it, people are always running in New York!







Momma in Grand Central!







There were these benches in Central Park that you could buy! You could buy them for your lover, cat, grandma, whoever you wanted to and it was theirs! I hope someone buys one for me..they only cost $3,000 haha:)







This pond was in Central Park..remember it from Stewart Little, the scene where they were having the boat races?!?







Little kids come to this statue every Saturday to be read to in Central Park:)






Fountain of Angels, in Central Park, this fountain was in the scene from Enchanted where she is singing, "How does She Know!" So pretty:)




People also come here and wait for angels to come and heal them everyday







Alice In Wonderland Statue! This was our entire group including our tour guide! Our tour guide is the one basically laying on the ground! He was AWESOME!







Central Park!:)







First subway experience..







Second subway experience..I was a little more in the mood of being squished to death! Haha!







This was at Chelsea's Market..I didn't get a picture with a sign that said Chelsea's Market but I did get one by Chelsea's Wine Vault haha:) This market was so fun and under the ground! No cell service what so ever lol!







Do you recognize this painting..you should! It's the original..just sayin!







My momma on top of the world! This was at the top of the Empire State Building! AMAZING view!







Empire State Building Baby!







Museum Of Natural History! This is the museum from Night At The Museum! Do you remember this from the show, "Dumb Dumb Give Me Some Gum Gum!"







In front of the Museum of Natural History! This is a MUST see museum!








Well that's it folks!




NEW YORK ROCKED!




If you get the chance to go..you have to go and see what all the buzz is about!




You see it in pictures and in movies,




But it is so differant once your their to experience it first hand!




I love and miss NEW YORK!




AMAZING city:)




I hope all of you are visiting fun places this summer:)




Vacations are where it's at!




Stay Classy!








Chelsie Ann:D








1 comment:

  1. What fun memories you made -- and you really did see a lot in the time you were there -- especially since your trip was cut short several hours thanks to the rain in New York! Your trip to New York allowed you to visit Connecticut and New Jersey -- so you were in lots of states besides just New York. So glad you and your Mom got to go together and have some fun. :) Thanks for sharing! I love it! Corenna

    ReplyDelete